Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
january 27-February 3
Escape with us to the remote paradise of Lake Atitlan. The lake is not only beautiful and picturesque, but it is also Central America's deepest lake. The paradisiacal vibes of the lake are only enhanced by the mountain chain of Volcan Atitlan, which makes it feel like a home away from home.
The trip begins with an overnight stay in the beautiful, colonial city of Antigua, where the group will assemble. The next morning we will make our way to Isla Verde by boat. Isla Verde is a unique lakefront retreat center with a laid back vibe. Our days will be filled with optional Yoga & Pilates classes, 3 delicious locally sourced meals, as well as plenty of time for relaxation and rejuvenation amongst the energetic vortex that is Lake Atitlan.
At Isla Verde, there is something for everyone. You can kayak, hike, SUP, rope swing, or cliff dive. Or, you can lay out on the dock, get inexpensive massages, or enjoy a sauna or hot tub (upon request). If you would like a change o scenery you can hail a boat and experience the local ancient Mayan cultures and also visit neighboring villages where you can take in some amazing people watching, local foods, markets, and some of the best textile and arts shopping in Central America.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot. The balance is due by December 15th.
About Your Retreat Leaders:
Kristin & Antonio met in 2012 while teaching Yoga and Pilates at their home studio, South Boston Yoga. They immediately connected over their love of travel, music, and vitamin-D. Since then, they have led multiple retreats together in Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, the Azores, and Cape Cod.
Kristin & Antonio are both extremely passionate about holding space for students to reconnect with themselves and take the time to do the things for yourself that you truly need and want. Consider what kind of person would go on a trip where they may not know anyone, thats to a place you've never been? The answer is only the adventurous, open minded, and FUN people.
- 6 nights, 7 days lodging at Isla Verde, located right on beautiful Lake Atitlan
- Antigua Excursion - including dinner, one night's lodging and breakfast in the beautiful, colonial city of Antigua
- Daily yoga & Pilates classes
- 3 locally sourced meals daily plus unlimited tea, coffee and filtered water
- 1 guided hike to San Marcos and entrance to Cerro Tzankujil Nature Reserve where we will spend the afternoon lounging lakeside and cliff jumping (if you dare!) post hike
- One group sauna and hot tub experience
- Round-trip luxury bus transfers to and from Guatemala City (GUA)
- Flights are NOT included and if booked early enough, are approximately $500 round trip. We will send you recommended flights to book upon registration.
- Massages (~$50/hr) and can be booked directly at Isla Verde
- Kayak and SUP rentals (~$5/hr) which can be booked at the rental facility next door to Isla Verde
Before You Go
- You will need a valid passport for this trip. Make sure that your passport is valid for 6 months AFTER your retreat end date.
- We will send you more details about what to pack and expect in the weeks leading up to our retreat.
- If you have any questions about the trip please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are ready, click sign up.